mCube is a fabless semiconductor company focusing on MEMS-based motion sensor products used in various applications spanning from IoT, Wearable and AI/VR to smartphones.
The Product Engineer is responsible for electrical and physical characterization of MEMS sensors. The Engineer will work cross functionally with product Design, Test and Product Engineering to define characterization plans driving deeper understanding of product’s performance as a function of design and manufacturing iterations. A successful candidate has natural curiosity for how MEMS sensors work, is detail-oriented, self-motivated and creative problem solver. This position will require working with multiple teams including CMOS Design, MEMS Design, Packaging and Production Test, Marketing & Field applications.
- Develop and execute product characterization plans by design and process iterations
- Design, build and maintain test setups
- Identify and coordinate characterization activities with outside vendors and other company sites
- Perform literature searches and theoretical modeling to drive in depth understanding of test results
- Develop detailed characterization reports and present findings to cross-functional audience
- Perform testing per customer specific requirements
- Drive design and failure analysis to identify root cause and suggest improvements
- Debug/resolve customer issues
- Graduate degree in Electrical Engineering, MEMS
- 0-3 years’ experience supporting MEMS sensors characterization, or related research
- Understanding of the functionality and design of electrical circuits and PCBs.
- Intermediate programming skills and the ability to improve learning curve rapidly
- Basic understanding of statistical analysis and familiarity with statistical software tools
- Hands-on experience with bench testing equipment and test setup.
- Hands-on experience with semiconductor physical characterization tools
- Proficient in data collection, data analysis, and statistical analysis.
- Debug performance & address questions from customers/FAE
- Demonstrated ability to plan, conduct, and manage tasks of medium scope
- Strong analytical skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in Test hardware, test equipment such as oscilloscopes, Spectrum analyzers, digital probes/interfaces, control software (ie Labview, Python) and Data analysis tools (ie JMP, Excel)
- Fundamental knowledge of MEMS gyroscope/accelerometer sensors
- Experience in characterization of MEMS gyroscope/accelerometer sensors or related physical sensors